Thursday, September 17, 2009

Learning About an Experience vs Living an Experience

An old Wiseman once said it is better to be told about an experience than to learn it firsthand.
Often, we hear the phrase “Boy if I knew then, what I know mow”, How different the world would be. Can you imagine the number of countless mistakes you have made, that could have had very different outcomes? As for myself, I think back to the big fish that got away (a nice little house in Concord, California) for only thirty thousand dollars, now worth a cool six figures.

As a father, older brother and now a grandfather, it seems only right to share my many experiences with my love ones. As an elder, taking responsibility of educating your younger family members should be at the top of your to do list…even though it can be embarrassing and sometimes can be downright shameful. Good thing for my family, I have no lost of pride and don’t mind sharing the most treasured moments of my life. As the saying goes, “don’t do as I say, not as I do. If you get anything out of this message today, I would hope that you understand this, Learn from my mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment