Thursday, September 17, 2009

Get Yourself a Life Coach

Everyone needs a coach… that one person in your life (whether you are adopting me or someone else) that has already done most of the things that you are trying to figure out. Regardless if you are buying a car, home, boat, or getting a credit card, chances are that they have done it. You should feel no shame in asking the simplest question… you would think. Having this kind of resource is unlimited and priceless, it’s nothing new, and families practiced this method of educating years ago. There was always the one member of the family that wore the crown of wisdom.

Not having this kind of support as a young man, I can see how the benefits of wisdom could have improved things for me. I place such a large value on this kind of advice and the fact that my experiences can helping my family is a plus. Reviewing my life, makes me wonder just how much more progress I could have had if I had a coach. So the next time you feel the need a ask a question, don’t hold back, ask the one person that could assist you in making the right decision so that when you look back hopefully you will never say, “Man, I regret making that decision.”

Yes! Life is about experiences; however, would you rather they are more positive ones than tear jerkers? Knowing what I know now, I would rather be told about an experience than rather than having the bad memories of experiencing some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment